Monday, November 1, 2010

Week 1 Weigh -in

Good morning!
First things first!
Weigh in!
I'm loving it today, it's been totally worth it!

Beginning weight: 279
Today's weight: 271.7

I’ve been into this weight loss blogging thing for a week now. At first it wasn’t so hard to stay motivated, but the weekend wasn’t so easy.
Here’s a few things I’ve questioned or have come to realize:
  • I don’t know from one day to the next what we’ll be eating (family meals), I sort of plan but it’s usually planned in the morning. I’m thinking that I would do better (in a lot of ways) to plan the family meals weekly  in order to also be more aware of the food choices I have.
  • My oldest and my youngest do not like vegetables. They get that from me, and I wish it weren’t so! I need to be a better example to all my kids. Make sure they have a few raw veggies with each meal. And I will, too.
  • I bought a light chocolate bar the other day. I decided I did not want to deprive myself totally of chocolate. I’ve had some the past two nights, and I don’t think it was such a great decision. Maybe I’ll only have some if I’ve made good choices throughout the day. Right now I feel like I’ve decided I could have some, so I should, instead of making it something special.
  • I need to make my list of goal! What are realistic goals that are not unhealthy nor unattainable? I’ve got to do a little more research before I post my official goal list!

I love the way blogging is helping to keep me motivated, encouraged and inspired. BUT… with a husband and 4 children and a “farmette” it’s not always easy. This past week my house has been a mess, because I’ve spent a lot of time at the computer, reading weight loss blogs and other weight loss related sites. I need to prioritize here a little and find some sort of balance. Don’t want to go overboard and then ditch the whole idea. How do mom’s with kids do this???

Looking forward to a great week!

Casey

2 comments:

  1. Well done on losing 9 lbs so far! Glad you've been enjoying blogging since you started a week ago. It sure is a motivator.
    It i a great idea to make a list of realistic goals for sure. I like to blog when the kids are napping and the oldest is off to school. I tell myself that what I'm doing is just as much for my benefit as it is theirs. They need a healthy mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so proud of you, good job! Maybe you could write down your meals and exercise in a notebook, and blog about it a few days at once. (In my head that sentence made sense:) Hugs, Finnigan

    ReplyDelete