Tuesday, November 23, 2010

No Chocolate Cake

I have been really grumpy today - like decadent chocolate layer cake with silky chocolate frosting - and lots of it - kind of grumpy.
Thankfully I didn't have any around.
This morning was fine, though with 2 more people in the house while painting one of the bedrooms, yeah, probably not the greatest idea!
Well, the company is gone and I've decided not to go to our Bible Study tomorrow morning. I just need to be with my kids, not always running around, chaufering to and fro, not always having someplace to be. I just need to be home, alone!
Our kids have kind of gotten out of doing chores during the school year (our summer break goes from end of November til mid February) and I really need them to get some jobs done. Feeding animals, sweeping the porch, dish duty and laundry duty. Plus each of the girls is responsible  for a room, and each of the girls has a little boy for a helper.
We had our last couples Bible Study for the year tonight, and since I didn't have any cake around... I had a bowl of ice cream. I could have, should have gone without. But I was tired of feeling deprived and thought it would make me feel better. And of course it didn't. It almost made me feel physically yucky. Just not used to so much sugar anymore.
I put on my walking shoes after that and asked my husband to drop me off about a 30 minute walk from home.
And you know what... THAT'S what made me feel better!

Casey

Food and Beverages
3 Coffee with creamer (throughout the day)
1 serving Oatmeal with 1 apple, 1 tsp brown sugar ½ tsp cinnamon, 1 Tbsp sliced almonds
1 slice whole wheat bread with mayo, 1/3 slice of each ham and cheese, lettuce and tomato
1 slice Lemon Supreme pie
½ slice Napoleon cake
4 carrot sticks
5 cucumber sticks with 2 tsp dip
1 piece chicken breast (no skin)
2 cups tossed salad with 2 tbsp light ranch dressing
1 soft tortilla wrap ¼ cup chicken, 1 tbsp light ranch dressing, ½ cup tossed salad
4 chipa
¾ cup of ice cream

Water
8 glasses

Exercises
30 minute fast walk

2 comments:

  1. yeah for understanding husbands! love hearing from you almost everyday (I admit, sometimes I miss a day) and so proud of you for being on this journey. So happy for you for having the support of some key individuals, and so curious of the blessings God has in line for you.

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very good day food wise. Don't give in to those temptations. You will regret it as soon as it happens. I LOVE oatmeal. Plus my kids want it for breakfast every day lol

    ReplyDelete