All right, it starts here!!
I really need a challenge. So I’ve made this commitment and I have hope! That’s a change from the depressed state I’ve been in for way too long.
These are the rules!
· Two blog posts weekly, one the official update for linkage, one a midweek update
· Multiple weekly measures: your actual weigh-in number, your waist size (may add hips/bust/others of your choosing)
· Concrete, measurable goals regarding exercise, calories, fluids, issues-resolving activity, etc. Measurable so you can track!
· An item of clothing that doesn't fit yet
· Before and After Photos of/with Item of Clothing
· Must link up weekly by deadline, which will always be on Sundays at midnight, EASTERN TIME!
· Weekly support of at least 3 fellow challengers and one challenge buddy for consistent support and accountability
· Goals, books, quote may be changed mid-challenge, as long as it is HELPFUL to you and you let us know why you changed it.
· A book or books to work on issues
· A guiding quote of your choice--or create one!
· No Quitting!
· And, yes...If you don't follow the rules, you will be out of the challenge.
Today’s weight: 122 kg - 268.9 lbs (yikes!!!)
Today’s Waist measurements: 124cm - 48.8 inches (another yikes!!!)
Track Calories staying under 1800 calories/day.
Track exercise (exercise 5 days/week)
Picture of my much too snug white capri’s and red blouse.
The book I’m going to not only read but work through is by Lysa TerKeurst.21 daily emails. Sounds interesting!
A quote I find motivating is:
Accept what you cannot change,
Change what you cannot accept!
There is also this passage from the Bible that I'm still trying to wrap my head and heart around. I've come to see that this getting fit is not just a change in diet and exercise, but it has alot to do with my thoughts as well. I need to transform my thinking.
Romans 12:1-2 (New Living Translation)
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
I also really like it in The Message
So, I think that wraps up my list of requirements for the initial post.
Looking forward to reading all your posts, and excited to see who my partner will be!!
So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.