Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Midweek Update #1

Time for a mid-week update
I have such a hard time doing my blog posts is one session… kids interrupting. Let’s see how it goes today! J
I joined a gym class on Monday! It’s basically the class I was at before, but at the moment they are only offering advanced classes (I used to go to beginners). I got there early so I was able to talk to the instructor bout my back and tailbone issue. But I  was able to do all the exercises, just not all the reps! Felt good! I signed up for 2 nights a week for January. So I will be obligated to go. The only dark spot was exercising next to what seemed to be an anorexic woman. At first I was envious of her body, and then I felt sorry for her – don’t know why.
And I've also started the C25K program again. Day 1 and I did it all!!! I'm still sore so I'm not sure how day 2 will go, I'll do my best!
As far as eating is concerned… I’ve stayed under my recommended calories every day. I track with My Fitness Pal. I don’t always find the food I’m looking for so at times I do need to take what I think is closest. I got my digital food scale out again, and it is helping me stay accurate with the amount I’m eating.
Today, while feeling the midmorning craving for food, I had fruit. 
I had lot’s of fruit today!!
And speaking of cravings…

Made to Crave” makes me think!
It’s a book not about the “how to” but rather about finding the “want to”.
I’d like to quote a thought from the book:
Eating in its proper context is not the problem. God gave us food for nourishment, strength, and even celebration. But when pleasure becomes unrestrained, there’s a problem.
This book is asking me to take an honest look at why I turn to food. And boy, that makes me feel uncomfortable.
The process of getting healthy has to be about more than just losing weight and focusing on ourselves. It’s not about adjusting our diets and hoping for good physical results. It’s about recalibrating our souls so that we want to change for the right reasons. I’ve realized that a healthy eating plan can be one of the most significant spiritual journeys I’d ever dared to take with God.
So, I know, and have known for a long time, that I need to really ask myself some deep questions. And it scares me.
What are all the excuses for? Why don’t I want to be attractive? What is stopping me from changing? Why can’t I stay focused?
So I'll be doing some soul searching along this journey as well.
Stay focused my friends!
Casey
And yes, I was interrupted! Sigh!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on joining the gym class and the C25K! (I had to look that one up) I would love to do a 5k but I have a heart condition that prevents me from running so I'm tossing around the idea of walking one. Good for you for picking fruit over other junk food today, just keep track of it so it doesn't sneak up on you.

    As for your soul searching I wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I´m reading this I realized I had forgotten to go to that gym class!!! UGH!! Midlife mind....
    I went for a long walk, but boy was it hot!! And now I remembered I wanted to mail you that book. Also forgotten. sorry C!! I´ll try again tomorrow.
    I like the thoughts you had about your book. Sounds like I will need to borrow that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that book too. I need to order it!!!
    Thank you for being so honest and sharing your thoughts with us.
    Since I lost my 20 kg last year, I also have changed a lot in my way of thinking. And I feel like God is starting to challenge me also in other areas of my life. And yeah, why not change other things too, if I was able to loose so much weight? But always one step after another!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like I should check out that book also! I considered going with C25K for a learn to run program but others recommended the Brad Gansberg program, Learn to Run 5K in 100 Days, so I'm trying that one instead. It sounded like it was a little more up my alley cause there is some accountability with it, I have to send in a little blurb each week letting him know how things are going and he provides feedback where needed. He's also pretty interactive with ya through twitter and email and has some little videos with info along the way. I'm starting week 2 this week:-) It's a free program also so I figured I'd go with it and then I can always try C25K later if I didn't like this one or it wasn't working out:-)

    ReplyDelete