Thursday, January 19, 2012

E2E midweek update - Time and Effort

I was going to do this yesterday... Sorry!
My week has been ok, I've been under my calories on all days, but I have only done some form of exercise once this week.
My weight today is the same as saturday.
I've not been online much to comment,  but plan to get caught up on blog reading and encouraging today!

Did you know that alot of the things we have, is because we put a lot of time and energy in to get it? If you've got a beautiful garden, you've put time and energy into it. If you sew beautiful clothing, time and effort at the sewing mashine. Now if you've got tons of "amazing" TV trivia  stored in your brain, time and effort spent watching TV. Make a nutritious meal -  or not - still requires time and effort.
We don't get things by wishing and desiring or hoping for them, no magic. Even when someone gives us something, a gift, it has still required time and effort on that persons part.
For me, I've been unhappy about my weight since I was a teen. Not many knew that I hated my body. But all I ever did was wish and hope I'd wake up beautiful one day. But all my wishing and hoping, yes, even my praying was useless in changing my body. Why? Because I didn't put in the time and effort necessary to change it.
"Isn't that the way it is with many things in life... we want the results, but have no desire to put in the work required?" Lysa TerKeurst Made to Crave
Our wishes  and dreams really don't give us much hope until we do something that takes us in that direction. Dream vacation starts becoming a reality when we've put the first money into that savings account, and the hope grows with each penny you invest in it.

My quote for the week is not a quote but rather a string of words I want to put into action today! And then tomorrow. And then the next day! Anyone care to add to the list?
Casey

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this very nice blog post. Just yesterday I was thinking, if it was right, that I was investing so much time in thinking about what I'm eating, reading about this topic and so on. Your post gave me the confirmation that it's right to do it, until I reach my goal. Then I should start thinking about something else, until I reach that goal! I want to read that book after you, Casey. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey I am sorry I haven't stopped by until now. You know from my e-mails it's just difficult right now and then with bus driving I barely have time to get much else done. But I wanted you to know I did stop by, I love your string of words, very good.
    Take care and I hope to get to my update tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to it either.
    Blessings my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you strong committing discipline, I know how hard it is to pull through with exercise. Going for a 5k walk tomorrow. As a way of encouragement, consider me pulling you with me. Then we'll have some tere. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good reminder for me--if I want to see results, I HAVE to put in the work. This garden isn't just gonna grow itself--or maybe it will, but then it will be full of weeds. Thanks for the smack over the head!

    ReplyDelete