Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekend update E2E Challenge!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
We've got a few sick kids at home, so we're staying home from church. Hubby is on a run to the pharmacy and I'm finally doing my weekend update. Our oldest has been feverish and congested for a few days, now the others are complaining about sore throats.
On to the weigh in...
Weight chart:
12/31/11 - 122 kg         268,9 lbs
01/07/12 - 121,1 kg      266,9 lbs (-2 lbs)
01/14/12 - 120,5 kg      265,6 lbs (-1,3 lbs)
01/21/12 - 119 kg         262,3 lbs (-3,3 lbs)
01/28/12 - 118,7 kg      261,6 lbs (-0,7 lbs)
02/04/12 - 118,6 kg      261,4 lbs (-0,2 lbs)
02/11/12 - 118,2 kg      260,5 lbs (-0,9 lbs)
02/18/12 – 118,3 kg      260,8 lbs (+0,3 lbs)
02/25/12 - 117,2 kg       258,3 lbs (-2,5 lbs)
03/03/12 - 117,5 kg       259,0 lbs (+0,7 lbs)
03/11/12 - 117,7 kg       259,4 lbs (+0,4 lbs)
03/17/12 - 116,9 kg       257,7 lbs (-1,7 lbs)
03/25/12 - 117,1 kg       258,1 lbs (+0,4 lbs)

And my measurements:
Waist beginning: 48 inches
Waist has been moving a smidgen here and there but today is at   44.8 inches
The book I chose for this challenge is Made to Crave, by Lysa TerKeurst. And I'm finally reading again. The chapter I'm on is about Emotional Emptiness.
She also recommends a verse to help "park your mind in a better place"when we are having a rough time dealing with certain memories or situations.
"We must deal with our triggers. We must identify our places of emotional emptiness and admit how futile it is to try and fill those places with food."

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8
Buddy, Julie, is on a trip with her son Mike! She'll be back soon though and will give us an update on her weigh-in and on her trip, and I'm sure she'll have lots of pictures.
Speaking of pictures and trips... Since my camera batteries died within 5 minutes of replacing them, I actually have no pictures of my trip to Asuncion, so I asked my lil' sis if she'd send me the ones she took. She didn't take many either, so I'll just leave you with a few of some favorite people!!
My Mom, and my youngest sister, Andrea!

Me and Andrea. And what are we doing, you might ask... We all put on some fake tattoo's! Being silly runs in our family!

Andrea lives in AsunciĆ³n and had invited us to brunch. Quiche, lots of fruit, rye bread and...

...cinnamon rolls!


After sticking our tattoo's in place we didn't want our oldest sister, Daniela, to feel left out, so the paper towel roll took her place in the circle (or square;) 

And this is Josephs Birthday cake from 3 weeks ago....

...and Raquel's cake from last week.

We've only got 2 more weeks of the Eve to Easter challenge! Boy did that go by fast!
I am a little disappointed in my lack of success. Yes, I did lose 5 kg, but I know I could have done better! On the other hand, if I hadn't had my fellow challengers and a great buddy as accountability, I don't think I would have lost anything. I just would not have felt the push to do as much as I have done - though, like I said, it could have been much more.
I've gotten back into exercising, I've been fairly regular with tracking my food, I've been watching what and how much I eat.
These last few weeks have found me with little motivation though. I've been going up and down with my weigh-ins. And the tracking has not been daily. The food I've been eating is not always nutritional. Change in my aerobics class schedule has left me with very few class options.
I have been dreading the end of this challenge so much. I've been so afraid that if no one holds me accountable, I'm going to fail. Have I been depending on this
challenge to lose weight instead of on my own strength? Or God's help? No, I don't think so, because it is still me that has to do the work. And being a part of this challenge has been fun and has given me a reason to do better.
So, since this challenge is almost over, I've been looking for something new. Some of you have already joined this new challenge (and I do look to you for inspiration), and so I'm in as well! For the next 10 weeks I'll be doing the ready for summer challenge, hosted by Maren. It begins tomorrow and I'll be writing a separate post about that. But, though I don't know how the overlapping of challenges will work for me...there is no break!
 So... wishing you all a great week!
Looking forward to reading all your updates.
Casey

5 comments:

  1. You're losing weight and inches which is terrific. The waist measurement is also awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great, Casey. That is a lot of inches lost since the beginning. We still have time to do more. I'm hoping I can pull myself out of the fire and at least be back to where I was. I have a long way to go though.

    I hope your kids are better soon. It is that time of year for colds and allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for thinking of me while getting tatoos. One of these years we should get real ones together. Or maybe not. Love you all so much.
    Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute that you used the row of paper towels to sit in for your sister.... LOL! I'm not too happy with where I made it during this challenge either but at least we didnt give up & we're still in it! Here's to going out with a bang & succeeding in the next one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for telling everyone where I was. I finally got a short update and trip post done.
    I will be writing you later on (at least I sure have plans too). I know that this is hard, very hard but I will always be here and I promise to keep in touch with or without a challenge.
    Take care my friend. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete