- I have 4 children and I weigh more now than I ever did pregnant!
- A few months ago, I got rid of my old dial scale and bought a new digital scale. I love the accuracy, but hate those numbers!
- The scale does not define who I am, and should not define how I feel, but it does, oh, it does!
- I knew that I had been gaining the last few months, but I could not find the "GO" button.
- Last week after spending months reading weight-loss blogs (but never commenting, thus never committing), I finally decided to start a blog.
- Today is DAY 1 - because it's Monday! : )
- I really like the idea of not being on a diet, but rather is changing my eating habits and lifestyle (from sedentary to active).
- I plan to track my exercise and eating here, plus my random thoughts and feelings along this journey.
- I firmly believe that I am loved by God no matter what I look like.
- But I have come to realize that food has become more important to me than my relationship with Him. I'd like to get back to my "first love". And that could be a whole other blog!! I have read a few books by Christian authors about eating disorders, eating habits, etc, and I will probably be sharing thoughts and/or quotes from these authors.
- I'm not going to be counting calories in the beginning (maybe never!), I cook and bake pretty much everything from scratch, have only a few recipes that I really follow (otherwise "a little of this and a pinch of that"). And I don't want to be so "into" the tracking and calorie counting that I neglect my family.
- Keeping track of what I eat seems a little daunting right now, but most, if not all, blogs I've read do so, and recommend it. And it's already been proven that you can gain weight by NOT tracking anything!: )
- About exercise: I'm a Stay-at-Home-Mom of 4 children, ages 10 to 3, and we have a "Farmette", with a few cows and chickens, horses, goats and sheep, so I do a bit of running around during the day. I've also participated in an exercise class (once a week for 45 minutes) for the last two years. All this has not helped me to lose weight though (well, that's because I still eat!) Anyway, all that to say, I will only be recording the "real" exercises that I do.
Food and Beverages:
7 glasses of water
1 cup of Coffee with 1 tsp creamer
1 pink Grapefruit
2 whole wheat crackers
3 small bananas
3/4 cups of fat-free, no sugar added yougurt
1 small piece of cornbread
8 slices of cucumber
4 medium tomatoes
1 slice of Roast Beef
4 bites of low-fat pecan pie
1 whole wheat roll with 1 slice of cheese
45 minutes of cardio (exercise class)