Spinach Filled Chicken Breast
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast (4oz each)
1 cup shredded cheese
1 bag frozen spinach (10oz)
Farmer sausage (I used about 100gr sausage)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Trim fat off the chicken breasts. Make a pocket in each, slicing the breast like you are making a pita. Do not cut all the way through to the other side!
2. In a bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, garlic and salt and pepper. Spoon spinach mixture into pockets in the chicken.
3. Close the chicken pockets with toothpicks. Or wooden skewers!
4. Season with paprika and salt.
7. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow pan. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. At about 375 degrees F.
8. Remove from the oven. Let chicken rest in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy.
These were pretty loaded.
I've also made them prettier, but never took a picture! :)
My 7 year old son actually requests this meal. He says it's his favorite, and all my kids are happy when I serve it. Who knew?!