Saturday, June 18, 2011

New Kitchen!!! Before and After Pictures

I would be really embarrassed to post these before pictures if I didn't have an after.
We have been living in this house for 10 years and never had the money to have a kitchen installed. We borrowed a countertop and cabinet from my parents, bought a cheap sink (still had to put bowls in to wash the dishes because they leaked), and had a bunch of wicker shelves to help me put stuff in.
Even looking at these before pictures today, only a week after clearing the kitchen for the new stuff, makes me wonder how I could have lived this way for so long!
Since we don't have alot of building codes to follow here it's not unusual for new homeowners (at least when you build your own home) to cook in makeshift conditions like this.
So, after 17 years of marriage and 10 living in our own home, I now have my dream kitchen. I am so overwhelmed, and I even feel a little guilty enjoying all these new appliances. But like everyone tells me, I deserve it!! :)


This is all the same portion of the wall. The before, the during and the after!




It was so hard to keep the kitchen neat and tidy the way it was. I grumbled about it at least 3 times a day! Now I have to remember to be grateful for it at least as often. Somehow I don't think that will be difficult!



So, there it is! Finally finished. This dream of mine has come true, and it more lovely than I even imagined!
Hoping to cook real healthy meals here, and not too many brownies and potato casseroles!

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!
Casey

4 comments:

  1. The new kitchen looks SO good!!! Hope you break it in well with some nice healthy meals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOO looking forward to sitting at that island with you in August! It looks really good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic!! Enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Casey, it's beautiful!
    I LOVE the black counter tops. I know you are going to love spending time in there now.

    ReplyDelete