Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weekly Weigh-in #21

Once again - brought to you on Tuesday, because that's when I have more time to myself. So, I might just change my weekly weigh-in to Tuesdays! Stay tuned!

Beginning weight: 279 lbs
Last weigh in: 253.7 lbs
This week: 253.3 lbs

That's a 0.4 loss, and again, I'm ok with that, because I didn't put out the effort for anything else.
I am totally in a rut with my eating and exercise!
I've been out for brisk walks a few times this past week, but other than my exercise class, I haven't gotten any more in.

About my exercise class... In October we had our last class with Christel. She was wonderful and always had something new for us. Some days were intense cardio, other days were stability balls, weights or bands. Lots of different muscles to be used (or abused!)
Now that she's moved, Sybille has taken over the class since  the end of February. These last two Mondays (which are the only days I can go) she has done Pilates with us.
Pilates people, please forgive me, but I just don't like this type of exercise. I don't mind doing them once in a while, but I didn't sign up for Pilates. I signed up for a cardio work-out.
And it's not that I find them boring (though I do), but there are certain exercises I can't do because of knee and tailbone issues I have. Since she does so many reps,  I do maybe 8 and then wait or I find some alternative exercise I can do. But I just don't feel very good about the whole thing and I just about walked out halfway through  yesterday. I NEVER do that - and I didn't! But I did talk to her afterwards and asked if Mondays was going to be Pilates night. Well, yes it is, so I told her I was going to have to quit. I explained my back and knee issues to her and she asked me to try to come on Wednesdays, because she doesn't want to go back and forth on her plan. I totally understand, and told her not to change on my account, but I was dissappointed.
So, I either make it possible to go on Wednesdays or I quit. I'm really not dependant on this class. I have gained weight going to a weekly gym class, and I have lost weight while not going. And I think sometimes I go because as long as I make an effort once a week, the rest of the week it's not so tragic if I don't do my exercises, because I will get them in on Monday. So if I quit, I still have no excuses!
So that was my little rant, and I still don't know what to do...

Otherwise I've had a great weekend. My BFF came in from the city on Friday (7 hour bus ride), and then Saturday we headed out to our mutual friends ranch (3 hour drive) and spent the weekend there. It was fun! We had some good visits!
BFF is single and our friends at the ranch have 11 children! The oldest is out of the nest though and will be getting married this June. And since everyone will be going to the States (BFF on furlough - she is a missionary and the others for the wedding and other commitments there), I will not see them for quite some time. Last chance visit!

So, today is my "sacred at-home day!" I've taken my youngest to a playgroup and get to spend 2 1/2 hours all by myself! It's wonderful and I'm off to enjoy it!

Hugs to all,
Casey

1 comment:

  1. Big hi and hugs to you and BFF. Hope you had a great visit. Spring is here and now it's time to put my money where my mouth is and get started. Got my walking shoes this weekend and Friday I start, snow or no snow.
    love you like crazy
    Midight

    ReplyDelete