Monday, February 21, 2011

Weigh In! Week 17

Well, it's been a busy week!

I have put my 3 kids in school.

I've had a birthday party for my now 6 year old.

I've gone back and forth over whom to hire to do our kitchen. We finaly made a choice this afternoon and they will come over within the next week or so to take all the measurements. I pray we made the right decision! We've only got a certain amount we want to spend, so we will try to build according to our budget!
I'm looking forward to it being done.

Instead of reading alot of random blogs this week, I decided to take one, go back to the beginning and just read the whole thing. So I chose Alissa's blog, and it has really put some things in perspective for me. She has been so patient and perseverant in her weight loss journey! I am inspired! I find that I can relate to alot of the struggles she had at the beginning of her journey, and it gives me hope that she didn't give up, but is still at it and losing weight, even in the third year of tracking.

I so admire you, Alissa! I love the way you write, I love that your husband encourages you and that you SO love your family. You encourage in more ways that weight loss, you know! Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and comment too. It means alot to me!

And thanks to all the others who take an interest in my weight loss journey. I love reading your blogs, but am a little shy when it comes to commenting. I'll do better, I promise.

Now for my WI!
Beginning weight:      279 lbs
Last week's weight:  253.7 lbs
Today's weight:        252.6 lbs

So, I'm down 1.1 lbs! Happy about that, but I know that I have not been doing good with the eating!
I'm hoping for some time tomorrow morning where I can just sit down and get a menu planned. I am so open to ideas! What works for you???

Exercise has been good! I continue to run the C25K, week 9, even though I'm officially graduated. I really can't take more time than those 40 minutes to exercise, so I'll just keep doing that and alternate with cardio on other days.

This afternoon, I started my Gym Class - (do you still call it Aerobics? That sounds so 80´s) and we have a new instructor. I liked the exercise part. It wasn't easy, so that means good workout, right? Hope she finds out how to do a playlist though, because she kept having to go back and forth to her MP3 player and press "next" or something. But like I said - good workout - lots of sweat!

One thing I didn't like though, was that the ladies from the next class she had, came up to watch us finish our class. They are the "advanced" group, and I felt so uncomfortable having them watch us. That's why we don't go to the second class... we don't want these skinny ladies watching us. I'm sure they are not laughing at us, but could they just politly stay downstairs until our class is done? Please?! (Yeah, none of them are reading this either!)

We have been having some really wonderful rains here lately and are always thankful for the water. There are two minor inconveniences as far as I'm concerned though! Muddy roads and Mosquitos! That's a challenge when I'm out walking/running!

Have a great week everyone, and if you have any ideas on the menu planning, I'd be really grateful!

Casey

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you pretty lady. Windburn & Frostbite are keeping me from walking. Looking forward to spring.
    Love you lots.
    Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey, I've been following you for a bit, and really enjoy your blog, quite inspiring. Keep it up, you are doing an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Casey
    What a good idea to pick out a blog and read it 'cover to cover'. I love that idea. Funny you mentioning mosquitoes - what I'd do to get a glimpse of a mosquito right about now! (how sick is that?!)

    ReplyDelete