Saturday, August 18, 2012

My End of the Summer Slimdown Challenge


Well, it’s time to update on the Slimdown Summer Challenge!

I know we only have a little ways to go to finish this challenge, and I feel awful for starting something and not finishing strong, but I’m bowing out.

Believe me when I say I’m more disappointed in myself than any of you could ever be! L

When you said to tell how we feel this week, Rochelle, I didn’t think I’d be quitting a challenge so close to ending it…

For a few months now, I’ve been asking God what it will take to get my relationship back to the point where I can truly say that I’m in love with my Savior, that I desire to get to know Him, and that I yearn to spend time with Him. And I kept feeling like I needed to turn off my computer.  I need to get the distractions out of my way much like taking a tempting cake out of sight. It’ll be hard, but I am so looking forward to getting back on track with the Lord.

And it’s not that I’m giving up on losing weight, but I do believe I need to put it into perspective. I need to figure out why I keep giving up on myself when I get to a certain weight.

But most of all I need to be listening to what God wants to tell me. And as much as I love to read about everyone’s journey and how everyone and their dog is doing on Facebook, I need to get back to God and His Word.

I do want to mention 2 bloggers who have helped me see the wisdom in this choice. One is Kimberlyn, from Minding my Weigh. She had been off the grid for a few months before coming back and letting everyone know that she’s fine and was going through a difficult family situation. But what really got me thinking is how she had been reading a book (that I had just read!) and how it had really spoken to her. It was Lysa TerKeurst’s book Made to Crave.  Why didn’t it speak to me in that way? Probably because I didn’t take time to study it, but just read it!

Another blogger had not been writing for a while as well. Keelie from JUST REAL. And just the other day she mentioned starting a new First Place 4 Health Bible Study. Well, I had just downloaded a book (Give God a Year) from Carole Lewis, she’s the National Director for First Place 4 Health and I have ordered one of the Bible Studies (which will be here in a few weeks). I really want to be studying God’s Word and using these books as a guide to a healthier lifestyle mind, body, soul and emotions. And the 2 key words in the Give God a Year book are PRAY and OBEY.

 Now, some may say this is a coincidence that I happened to read these blog posts by Keelie and Kimberlyn now, but I think its God showing me that I’m not alone. And I’m not alone even if I’m not blogging with all of you wonderful people out there. And I don’t need the blogging world to keep me accountable, but rather I need to be accountable to God first!

So, I’m going to take a break from blogging. I’d love to keep in touch though and I will be keeping up with some of your blogs. A lot of you have really been a great source of encouragement to me! Thank you for that!
So, I hope I'll be back in a few weeks or months to tell you what God has been teaching me in regards to my overall health. I hope to be telling you that I have a thriving relationship with Him and that, by the way, I've lost a few pounds!
Thanks for understanding!
Casey

8 comments:

  1. Casey
    Each of our weight loss journey's is a personal one - and I am happy that you joined us on this challenge for the weeks that you did! Sometimes challenges such as this one don't fit the needs or lifestyles of everyone - but it is always fun to try something new, and I am glad that you tried this! I hope that you find what you are looking for spiritually and you meet your weight loss goals in a time frame you are comfortable with. I wish you the very best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rochelle, I AM glad that I started this challenge. And I loved to try new ways to keep the weight loss journey interesting. Thanks so much for being an encouragement along the way.
      And thank you for understanding! All the best!

      Delete
  2. You need you and the Lord time and if being off the computer gives you that extra time you need, well you go girl. You will not be worse off for it, just think of the love the Lord has for you doing this for him. It's awesome. Good luck and do check in when you can.
    Take care Casey. Blessings my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Casey...I wanted to thank you again for your kind words. As for the study, I did take my time with it. I purchased the study guide, the DVD's, and the daily devotional in addition to the book. There's so much wisdom in this study that I needed time to let it all soak in.

    I'll be praying for you and hope that whatever road you take, you find God's perfect plan for you!

    Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey!! What a strong post! I wish you the best in this journey. IF you have time, Id love to ready about your journey! I know it can be a very personal journey, but if youre open to share, I will continue to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I refound my first love for God this summer, so I certainly hope you find that reinvigorated relationship. I haven't blogged as much, and I'm keeping my weight in a range I find livable--and lower than in the previous challenges. :) But finding joy and passion again for Christ, that's really amazing and makes me happier than I can say.

    One of the disciplines for finding God is fasting. Perhaps just immerse yourself as much of one day a week as you can in prayer and bible and fasting...or immerse in service to the poor...sometimes, it's when we stop thinking about me/I/us that we find Him.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I just found your blog, but I'll be bookmarking it. I (selfishly) hope you'll get back to updating when you can. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete